Search This Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Day 6 West Highland Way - Tyndrum to Wild Camp Spot

 Saturday, July 2, 2022 - Tyndrum to Wild Camp Spot around mile 57, 4 miles

After we got off the bus we stopped by the Green Welly to use the restroom and then shouldered our packs and headed up the trail. Just out of Tyndrum we passed a home with some pretty cool wooden sculptures.



The trail gently ascended and after a few miles we started looking for a place to camp. It took us awhile to find a flat wild camping spot.


We found a spot on the other side of the river ahead

Me with my Sea to Summit mattress inflator

We set up in a field in a small grove of trees near a small stream so we'd have easy water. When I set up my tent I found two more stakes that I could use! I have learned the hard way that when it is raining you want every part staked out that can be staked out. By 9:15pm I was cozied up in my tent. I was almost over my cold so I slept much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment